Reputable brands of bathroom taps, easy fit/replace tap adapters?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the look out for some new taps to got with a new corner bath we are getting installed.

Ive done a bit of research and it seems that many that can be bought online can be cheap rubbish sold at high prices.

Im wondering if you guys (and ladies :) ) may be able to recommend me some brands to look out for?

Im looking for something that isn't going to break in a year or so's time and is easy to maintain in the future.

Also, where we are having the corner bath it may make it tricky to replace the taps in the future.

I saw a product the other day (cant find the bloody link to it), that was installed into the tap holes in the bath first, before the taps are installed that allowed easy removal in the future.

Are these worth having? If so do they work with both mixer and individual type taps? Any particular brands of this you recommend?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally, if you don't want to go to the extreme such as Grohe, check out the Bristan range......excellent spares back up!
John :)

Cheers guys, have heard good things about Bristan brand, so looks like they may be the ones to look at.

With regards to the Easyfit thing you mention...the thing I was was like that but more of a universal fitting for most taps... rather than for Bristan only

Sponsored Links
Had a quick Google about the Bristan Easyfit range and a fair few have popped off and caused flooding. Not sure ill risk that version of what im after.... any idea of the generic one I saw?

Just found the item I was on about regards quick release tap fitting for all types of taps.

https://www.ukbathroomstore.co.uk/aquarius-easy-fit-bath-fixings?gclid=CK2Eqp-G3MoCFQQewwod6gkF9A

shaw_easyfix.jpg

easyfit_instructions.jpg

easy_fit2.jpg

Would that work on the taps I have my eye on:

Bristan Orta Bath Filler Tap
orta-deck-filler.JPG

The main issue I can see with the system you've found is that it requires the use of flexible tap connectors, which will restrict the flow rate considerably. Not normally a problem if you have high pressure, but on a vented cylinder it could have a significant effect

We have a Vailant 831plus eco tec combi boiler in a bungalow, so don't have a loft tank. All cold water to taps in bathroom and kitchen are fed from the mains.

Just wondering how that kit will work on taps that already have a shroud. I contacted one retailer that sells it and they say you just dont use the shroud supplied... but I cant see how that works... or am I being stupid?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back