Request for help in removing ceiling roses & consealling connectors when fitting room spots

Making holes in the ceiling might also create noise transmission problems.

Stephen, what type of lights have you installed? Is the flat rented, or do you own it? If the latter, is there a lease with Ts'n'Cs about what you may do etc?
I should actually call them 'downlights' and not 'spotlights' to be correct. It's an apartment which we own.

However most of the replies to my question do not focus on how to conceal the connector / terminal blocks or even suggest an alternative on how a professional would have done this. It was this question that I was really hoping to get advice on :cry:

Sponsored Links
Well, no professional has a way to shrink the size of a junction box so that it will go through a hole which is too small.

And no professional would just stuff individual connector blocks up through a small hole.

You have to use a junction box such as a Wagobox or Ashley J804, so you'll have to make the hole in the ceiling large enough to put it through.

As for the other advice - if you've compromised a fire barrier by making holes in it, or created a noise path to the flat above, or simply contravened the terms of your lease, you could be in trouble.

Ban is asking why you want to fit your room with lights that are not good at producing an overall light, hence the need for many fittings.

Moreover, he has a thing about them, and won't let anyone ask about them without receiving a dig first. He fails to grasp the, "I like them, I want them, I can, so I will have them", concept that works in every other aspect of everyday life.

And you fail to grasp the "have you considered the downsides of that type of lighting?" concept.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure, when considering the purchase of a certain product, people do consider both the good and the bad points.

Some like the cachet of a cabriolet, they appreciate maybe that they are not as practical or secure as a solid roofed vehicle, but buy them anyway.

I'm sure, when considering the purchase of a certain product, people do not always consider both the good and the bad points.

Moreover, he has a thing about them, and won't let anyone ask about them without receiving a dig first. He fails to grasp the, "I like them, I want them, I can, so I will have them", concept that works in every other aspect of everyday life.
He's a bit of a tit really.

Well, if that is the limit of the intellectual rigour you can muster in arguing against the idea that people should be asked to think about something which they may well not have done, I think we can all safely disregard whatever pronouncements dribble out of your defective mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back