Require help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.. could someone with stop/start contactor arrangements spare a moment to help me out?
I have 2 straight forward stop/start contactor circuits..When either of these is energised a third contactor must be pulled in. this i have done but when i press the stop button for either contactor nothing happens. the only way the contactors drop out is if both stops are pushed together..any ideas or a diagram to overcome this would be fantastic.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can you use one of the contacts from each of the 2 contactor (N/O) wired in parallel to provide the switching for 3rd contactor?

this i believe is what i have done and the result is a backfeed so that even though i try to de-energise one contactor the other contactor then carries on powering up the first contactor ..if that makes sense.. wish i could draw my circuit for you but do not know how to on a mac.

You ideally want some add on contact blocks, and use these to power the additional contactor. You have paralleled some of of the control circuitry together by the sounds of it, which allows one to back feed to the other.

What are you actually doing?

Sponsored Links
When either contactor (Lev1 or Lev2) is energised you want contactor NVAIRE to energise?
When the stop button of either of Lev1 or Lev2 is pressed you want NVAIRE to drop out? even though the other remaining contactor may still be energised?

Thanks Spark123.. strangely i have just drawn the same thing... no honestly...i was just in the process of deciding if this would cure my problem (the electrical one) ...(before someone lowers the tone) .
Me thinks we are on to something. ;)

Just stuffing my face :LOL:
See if you can follow this:

If he's asking what I typed above then that wont work either as NVAIRE will always be energised whilst either one of Lev1 or Lev2 is energised. Both would have to be stopped to drop out NVAIRE.
Your drawing works in the same way as r1riders.

Gary.. when either lev1 or lev2 are energised nuaire is energised and will stay energised until both lev1 and lev2 are off. Hope this is now clear mate ..i may not have explained very well.

Gary.. when either lev1 or lev2 are energised nuaire is energised and will stay energised until both lev1 and lev2 are off. Hope this is now clear mate ..i may not have explained very well.

In that case your drawing should work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back