Required to allow a WM, Dryer and Boiler in small utility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As part of our kitchen refurb being carried out, we are sectioning off a creating a small utility room 900mm wide x 1300mm depth 2950 tall.

We hope to put the washing machine, Condensing Dryer and combi boiler in this room. We are considering a valiant 937 ecotec boiler. Since this is almost the same size as the WM, the only way we can fit all three in the room is one on top of the other. So Dryer above WM and then boiler above dryer all on the back wall. Working on the min clearance needed for the boiler, this configuration will fit, just about!.

Is this just asking for trouble or with adequate ventilation could this work? What would be adequate ventilation, air vents in the floor and wall and door? Or a Louvred/slatted Door?

Any advise/recommendations appreciated.

Cheers
A

Sponsored Links
The boiler does not need ventilation to the compartment.

Why not have a combined washer/dryer?

I think you are asking for future trouble if you dont fit the boiler where it can be serviced/repaired when standing on the floor.

Most engineers would usually be able to work on a boiler above a normal work surface or a single WMC but most should cry foul if they are expecter to work from a ladder!

Tony

a vented drier will be cheaper, more reliable, and will not release large amounts of water vapour into the room. You can hire a core-drill to make a neat round hole in the wall for the vent.

Some people think condensing driers catch all the steam, but they don't.

Thanks for the replies, we have already purchased the dryer and WM. I guess I am worried about it getting very hot in that room. Ive seen boilers up high on walls before so I didnt think that would be a problem. I guess I would need to provide a stable platform for them to work off.

Sponsored Links
if fitting parts on boiler you wont get many if any heating engineers to work on the boiler in that configuration - especially with all these health & safety rules these days , believe me i work for a large company & we are not allowed to work of ladders , i would rethink you're layout , not tryin to be a killjoy - just the facts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back