Reregistering an old boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a house and there is a relatively new Valiant boiler in the laundry. I would like to move this boiler to a rental home that I own and purchase a new boiler for the new house. My gas man tells me I cannot do this - that once registered, a boiler cannot be reregistered at a new address. Is this true. Shame, it looks a new boiler, and I shall be just throwing it away.

Sponsored Links
It may be possible if as you claim, your boiler is realatively new and so ErP compliant but if it isn't then I'm afraid you are stuffed..

A boiler can be moved, as long as you can get the parts that it requires to do the move and re-installed safely (correct flue etc), from a BC notification point of view, had that very question posed to Gas Safe not so long ago.

It'll be getting a GSR engineer that'll be happy to do it for you at a cost that isn't prohibitive. Moving a boiler can be almost as expensive as installing a new one.

Sponsored Links
You can register a boiler with Gas Safe as often as you move it to a new location.

However your RGI may have been confusing that with registering with manufacturer
And, of course, the boiler must be compliant at date of fitting in the new location

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back