Resister between permanent live and switch live on a fridge controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have changed a few Lae digital readout controllers where the general set up is the controller has a live and neutral to power the actual controller, then there is a live connection and a switch live also the controller has a probe to monitor the fridge and turn it on and off accordingly to the actual set up. Last week I found a controller where there is a resister between the live the switch live and I don’t know why there is, any help ?

Sponsored Links
Is it definately just a resistor ? Could be perhaps be a voltage spike suppressor to protect the contacts of the switch. Either a semiconductor device or a capacitor and resistor connected in series.

What model LAE controller is it?
The fridge ones I have used never had resistors.
Looking at the LAE site, none of them use a resistor like suggested, was this as supplied or fitted by someone who fitted the timer?

Actually, is that a switched live or just a relay output contact?
The resistor may be just link.

https://www.lae-electronic.com/products/refrigeration-controllers

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back