Respirators to cut out fumes ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any suggestions about a half decent respirator to reduce the effect of paint fumes - I need to spend a long day painting oil based Coverstain and don't want to keel over or feel sick...

Sponsored Links
I doubt that there is one, we aren't talking particles - more like gas.

Open all the windows is the best bet.

Windows will be open, doors too joe !

As you say, there are no particles but I know there are such things as fume filters though have never tried any - being a big butch idiot I always suffered in the past but now think that living a little longer may be a better idea.....!

Other than a Compressed Air Breathing Apparatus Set, I suggest leave the Windows and doors open, or not bother with the job,

Filter Masks do what they say on the label, mainly filter particles not fumes.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies and suggestions - opps, the one you suggest looks like a winner to me !
Nice colours too........!

thanks for the replies and suggestions - opps, the one you suggest looks like a winner to me !
Nice colours too........!

Hi Steve,

If you shop around you can get them cheaper. If you can justify the cost then I would pay an extra tenner or so for a slightly higher quality mask with a head strap and made form softer silicone.

The masks aren't terribly comfortable for prolonged use and they all seem to suffer from moisture building up inside them, meaning that when you lean forward you get the odd drip coming out of the exhaust hole. Expect to have short-lived Action Man scars from where they dig into your face afterwards.

I believe that the one i linked to has the better head strap.

The ones that I have linked to are pretty much the same as VV2806 recommended. The AEBK just covers more bases. Generally they are considered to be 28 day products. I just use them until I can smell the stuff I am working with and then bin them (I don't use them day in day out and store them in an air-tight container).

The P listing that accompanies them is the level of protection from dust.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back