Resrouces on building a timber frame for greenhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I want to construct a small summer house in the style of a Victorian greenhouse, like this: http://www.hartley-botanic.co.uk/imgs/gallery/victorian-glasshouses/victorian-villa.jpg but slightly simpler and smaller.

The stone base is built, and I have (just about) designed the main frame but im getting to the parts now which I don't know enough about.

At the moment the biggest problem is I only know the basic wood joints, and everything I can find about building timber frames is all for timer framed houses which are covered by brick and plaster.
My frame is on display and so the joining methods need to be 'invisible', I also need to know which have the appropriate strength for what i'm doing.

Can anyone recommend some resources (books, websites, etc or even better first hand knowledge!) where I could learn about constructing the kind of frame I want?

Sponsored Links
try old episodes of "new yankee workshop".. I'm sure he did a greenhouse in one of the episodes.. he also did gazebo's and other outdoor buildings so there should be some ideas in there..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back