Restoring brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for professionals who can remove plaster back to the original brickwork and restore it. It's internal and only a small area on one wall.

Does anyone have any tips who to search for?

Many thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sorry - I'm a bit confused by both of your responses.

I'm looking for some tips and contacts for finding someone who can strip the plaster off an internal wall back to the brickwork, and then clean up the bricks so they look like they've never been plastered.

I'm having a loft conversion, and there's a lovely open brick wall above where the stairs will go. However, I want the brickwork to run down into the wall area where the stairs will go. This is currently rendered, so we want to take it back to brick, so the whole if this wall runs seamlessly into the bare brick wall into the loft.

It's only a small area of wall.

I've searched the web, but can't find the right tradesmen.

Sponsored Links
I meant I can do it (its one of the things I do), dont know where you are, I'm in Essex nr Romford if thats any good.

Oh I see... apologies.

We're in Ealing, West London. That's a bit of a trek for you for a small-ish job I guess. Do you have a fixed charge per sq metre, out of interest?

Hard to price per m2 because I cant see the condition of the bricks under the plaster :confused: At a guess if you allowed £40-50 (if its light weight or lime plaster) m2 that should cover it.

It is a long ol hike to for me so unless you wanted to pay top money its probably to far, sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back