Restoring Brown PVC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi does anyone know the best way to restore sun bleached brown pvc please? The windowsill and frames on my conservatory and also on my front door are not looking good these days and need restoring.
Thank you in advance

Cat

Attachments

• 6C7C7173-E439-4D67-8DAD-45CFA91DF5C8.jpeg
    6C7C7173-E439-4D67-8DAD-45CFA91DF5C8.jpeg
    464.5 KB · Views: 995
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Can you post a photo?
Without further information/photos I would say getting them professionally spray painted would be your only option, The bonus of that is you can have them any colour you like.

Armorall

The first time you spray it on, leave it to penetrate, and polish off the next day. In your case, you don't want it on the glass, so I'd apply with a soft painbrush.

Subsequently, after washing down, it's enough to rub it with a rag moistened with it. It's a sort of milky liquid that glosses and darkens the surface. Useful for rubber and plastic bumpers and waist lines on cars, also under the bonnet if you like that sort of thing. A spray bottle will last for years. You can use it on tyre sidewalls (not on bikes). Not on pedals or grips as it makes the surface slippery.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/ca...cuums/armor-all-protectant-gloss-finish-500ml

or you can buy it in 5 litre or larger if you're in the car valeting trade.

It does not smell as much as WD40

Do the sills and doors, people may not notice dull glazing bars

BTW if you want to wash PVC doors etc, car shampoo and a soft brush (as used with a dustpan) is quick, mild and leave a bit of shine (but will not restore an eroded surface). Some household cleaners are much more aggressive.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all that’s very helpful and that ‘Armorall’ ,JohnD I willgive that a go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back