Restoring Decking (Check this photo out)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to revamp my decking before the summer kicks in, its looking horiffic at the moment......

GardenSpring2011004.jpg

Whats the best way to set about this?

I was thinking, jet wash it, scrub it with a brush then paint it with a B&Q product ??

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Agree decking oil, all the paint types treatment wash off in rain.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used Cuprinol Ultra Tough Decking Stain on a deck, it does fade a bit but does not wash off with rain, that's absurd. You can get it off with a pressure washer though so you have to stick to using a stiff broom for its annual de-grease.

If you want a colour then go for it, just expect that it will need recoating in say 5 years to keep it looking good.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thats why I don't like decking - that and the rats living under
Rip it up and lay slabs (sorry)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used Cuprinol Ultra Tough Decking Stain on a deck, it does fade a bit but does not wash off with rain, that's absurd. You can get it off with a pressure washer though so you have to stick to using a stiff broom for its annual de-grease.

If you want a colour then go for it, just expect that it will need recoating in say 5 years to keep it looking good.
Just speaking from experience tried 3 different brands and they all lasted only weeks before flaking off in the rain.

Sponsored Links