Retaining wall tying together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am building a block-inner, brick outer retaining wall for a new patio. Question is whether there is a good way to tie the walls together without placing bricks across both courses? I would like to avoid any "rotated" bricks if at all possible.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Yes of course wall ties, but are there specific ones for non-cavity walls, do I even need to worry about tying them together? Etc...

Have a look for Stainless Steel Ex. Met. (expanded metal);)

Sponsored Links
It will definitely strengthen the wall. Use any old stainless wall ties, you can use normal ones and just place them at an angle if they are too long.

I have just finished blocking the inner wall, fitted ties every 3 blocks on every other course. I make that every 6 bricks on every sixth course. Think this would be enough? I can fit more retrospectively if needed....

Cement will not be fully set tomorrow. Easy enough to rake out a hole, bung a tie in there and cement it back up. A mortar gun helps too! I've only done the blocks so no big deal. I'd rather not though if it's not needed..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back