Rethinking "Second Class" postage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I know this has been discussed (many times) on the Forum, but just wanted an up-to-date opinion.

On two recent occasions I've posted a letter to my sister, (same post-town) on Saturday using a second class stamp.

Both of them have arrived on Monday, which made me wonder how much faster they'd get there with first class postage.

Then, I wondered how the different classes of post are handled? In these days of stiff competition from n parcel delivery companies, what happens to second class that doesn't happen to first class post? (or vice-versa). Do they get left lying around to delay them while first class flies through the system at top speed? Does distance make any difference? (ever seen Post Office vehicles overtaking each other?)

Is this another service which could be dropped (thus increasing prices to the consumer!) in a similar way that the one penny coin is threatened with extinction?

Anyone work in the Post Office who can let us in on their secrets?

Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
It doesn't. I hear they both get handled exactly the same way, it's a con

Same way when you buy the super/delux version of a product it's usually the exact same bolloks just rebranded

Sponsored Links
Back