Retractable dining light fitting stockists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i would like to make my dining room light fitting a retractable one but cannot locate such a fitting in the regular DIY or light stores that i can think off.

Would any of you be able to advise where i may buy such a fitting and even if these are possible to buy please.

Many thanks

Nat

Sponsored Links
um, may do!

I want to be able to pull the light down sometimes and push it away when not in use

thank you

Sponsored Links
Thank you

I had been searching for "retractable light fitting", will search with this search term

Thanks for your time

ha ha, i'll that to my list.

If a time travelling Vsmpire knocked on my door i would be SO happy ha ha

Hi, yes try searching 'Guzzini' on eBay, 1970's BHS you can get "rise and fall" lights easily.

Kind Regards,

DS

60's?

70's?

Good taste never dies.

My Dad got one for his dining room in 1982 and it (and RAF fittings in general) are still going strong.

60's? 70's? Good taste never dies.
I certainly had one over my dining table in my very first house, in the very early 70s. However, they were by no means a new concept then, so I imagine they must have first become popular in the (maybe 'late') 60s.

Kind Regards, John

I fitted one in the lounge in 1982, it was still there when the house was sold in 2011, new people got rid of it. ( peasants ).

Hi ya,

For info, a light store in Canterbury do sell the fitting on its own.

Its something like £21, is in black, white, brown or gold. Its the type that is probably a retractable cord encased in a coiled conduit spring

www.canterburylighting.co.uk/

I wanted to let anyone else know who may stumble across this thread one day! There is hope!

ha ha

Thanks for all the help and responses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back