Security light not working after dining room light fitting

Sponsored Links
Its always been this way since the hosue was built back in 2001, unless the previous owners did some changes

Sponsored Links
Are the dinning room lights (or any others) double switched? Ie, can be turned on/off by one than one switch?

To the best of your knowlage, is the outside light origanal? Matching switches, etc?

Daniel

Possibly.

But on the other hand some people believe that you can be brought before the beak to answer for their crimes.

Hi Daniel no double switches etc, the issue seems to be the way the new light fitting has been wired up. So going to be looking at that.

Reason i didnt do it myself was because when I opened the rose it looked a bit out my depth. A friend stepped in to help, and looks like its gone a miss since then.

Presumably yellow for the switch wire if a 3 core and earth has been used to provide L, sw L and N at another point in the circuit.

Have, with the power off, you checked all the connections are sound, including the bunch of reds?

Just a thought.
Some PIRs lights, if switched on and off quickly at a control switch, go into manual mode.
Find the instructions for the lamp PIR. It may save you hours of fun running up and down a step ladder.

Unless of course, your idea of fun is running up and down a step ladder. :D

Thanks for that info will dig out its instructions although wouldn't do me any harm being up n down a ladder umpteen times haha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back