reverse direction Conveyor belt

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi peoples :) I'm in Holland.

I have three conveyor belts two are running in the right direction one isn't.

There are six wires running to the motor but only four are actually in use, that is blue, black, brown, yellow/green.

The power is a big fat 380 red socket, five pins but as i say only four wires are used, see first picture of Plug wires.

SNC00243.jpg

Second picture is the business end of the conveyors they are all pointing in the same direction but you can only see the wires from the top two.

I guess the motor from the bottom one is the other way round and so when power is applied it runs the wrong way for my use.

SNC00245.jpg

Two photo's of the six wires leading to the motor:-

SNC00246.jpg

SNC00247.jpg

Some specs of the conveyors:-

v 400
w 85
Hz 50
A 1,2

So i need to switch the direction, your help will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
to reverse the direction of a 3 phase motor swap any two of the phase wires.

thanx for the reply, ok i'll just swap the blue and black, any chance it'll go pop?

shouldn't do..

you only have to change it at one motor though, not at the big red plug or you'll just reverse all 3..

while we're at it, why aren't your cable colours harmonized to cenlec colours?
we've had to change all ours to suit the continent..

those are the old phase colours for flex.. so why couldn't we keep them?

Sponsored Links
those are the old phase colours for flex.. so why couldn't we keep them?
it's more than my jobs worth to tell you ;)

it's an old conveyor belt i guess :D anything new will conform.

Under our regulations:-

537.5.4.1 Motor control circuits shall be designed so as to prevent any motor from restarting automatically after a stoppage due to a fall in or loss of voltage, if such starting is liable to cause danger. and

552.1.2 Every electric motor having a rating exceeding 0.37 kW shall be provided with control equipment incorporating means of protection against overload of the motor.

Although covered with latter because of motor size we would normally include some sort of contactor to stop the restart. I will suspect the extra two wires go to a temperature sender in motor and are designed so if it over heats the contactor will drop out and I question the using of motors with out a contactor both for user safety and for motor protection?

4 core flex usually seems to be coded for two lives, a neutral and an earth I dunno why.

Really the blue core should be sleeved but i'm not too surprised that it isn't.

no.. 4 core flex is now brown, black, grey and earth... 3 phase colours..

old 4 core flex was brown, blue, black and earth... the old 3 phase colours for flex..

existing installations do not need to be changed to the harmonized colours at this time in the uk right?

Sponsored Links
Back