Reversed Live/Neutral

RichA said:
I guess I am suprised that if this is the wrong way round that all my electronic items seem to work. i.e. pc, tv, etc ???

they wont be too bothered about polarity, since 230V is between phase and neutral to the appliance. its just that it will switch the now neutral and not phase which could cause a shock/death. its not something that should be left untreated.

or, it could just be the socket the plumber tested from was mis-wired

Sponsored Links
RichA said:
I guess I am suprised that if this is the wrong way round that all my electronic items seem to work. i.e. pc, tv, etc ???

As danlightbulb rightly said, all the equipment works on AC and doesn't care if you have an unsafe installation.

(bah, too slow :oops: )

It doesnt matter if it was 10 years ago. The electrician must give you and Electrical installation Certificate that confirms that the work he did (changing the fuseboard) conormed to BS7671. There will also have been a schedule of test results.
Changing a consumer unit is notifiable under Building regs Part P and he is legally obliged to notify the local authority to conply with the legislation (=law!). This applied to work of this nature carried out since 1st january 2005.

TTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back