Reversible vacuum cleaners

You can still buy a brand new traditional cylinder vac if you want to...link cylinder vac
Good grief! Jet engines are alive and well in Surrey. Any chance Hoover will reintroduce the "flying football" to compete. The Constellation must have been pretty common in its' day, not to mention reliable: in the 80s and 90s I regularly passed a shop which sold spares for them and seemed to do a good trade in refurbished/rebuilt second hand models, until they swapped over to selling Henrys in thd noughties

Sponsored Links
A vacuum with a connection port on the exhaust will not blow out the dust - the exhaust is after the filter...
I can remember the first vacuum cleaner my Mother bought was an Electrolux . It was a cylinder type which had an hose connection on the exhaust end with a range of accessories. One if them was a spray gun which I used to respray an old Ford Thames van which we converted into a caravanette .
I have a parkside shop vac with an exhaust port, when the hose is connected the suck side is disabled but it needs the end stuck out the window to blow out the dust that sticks in the corrugations.
Edit: should have read all the thread and saved some typing, sorry big-all

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back