Reversible vacuum cleaners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of any appliances that are essentially vacuum cleaners but in reverse ? Or even vacuum cleaners with reversible air flow.

Sponsored Links
Garden blower.
You can devise a custom built attachment to use vacuum cleaner accessories.

"vacuum cleaners with reversible air flow"
I could imagine some disastrous accidents with this - the bags full of dust and dog hairs, you just need to suck up a few crumbs spilt accidentally in an otherwise pristine living/drawing room, the suck/blow switch gets accidentally toggled to blow ...... the once full bag of muck is now empty!

Sponsored Links
Garden blower.
You can devise a custom built attachment to use vacuum cleaner accessories.
Interesting suggestion, do you have any examples of this ? I've never really used a blow before.

A lot of shop type vacs can be used to blow as well. Don't expect it to be the same as a compressed air supply though! :)
I have this for example, and it's quite decent for the price:
(You reconnect the hose to the waste air outlet)
A very good find! How good is it for pushing gunk out ? Will it leave remnants or does it remove everything ? I'm just wondering if the tank is full how easily is would dispose of it's contents and with what force.

What are you hoping to do?

Some of my dust extractors will allow me you use an additional hose to vent the exhaust air outwards. The air pressure is lower than me bending down and blowing on the surface.

"vacuum cleaners with reversible air flow"
I could imagine some disastrous accidents with this - the bags full of dust and dog hairs, you just need to suck up a few crumbs spilt accidentally in an otherwise pristine living/drawing room, the suck/blow switch gets accidentally toggled to blow ...... the once full bag of muck is now empty!

The blow, is simply the exhaust from the vacuum's suck, but with a means to connect a hose. It goes through the usual filter system, before being expelled, so you don't get your dust back.

The blow, is simply the exhaust from the vacuum's suck, but with a means to connect a hose. It goes through the usual filter system, before being expelled, so you don't get your dust back.
ahh, thats good - I had momentarily worried of a disagreeable neighbour situation and thoughts on their letter box.

which clearly would be very wrong thing to even consider.

A very good find! How good is it for pushing gunk out ? Will it leave remnants or does it remove everything ? I'm just wondering if the tank is full how easily is would dispose of it's contents and with what force.
As has been said by everyone else, the 'blow' isn't intended to empty the dust container of what has already been sucked up.
Perhaps we could advise better, if we knew what you wanted to achieve?
The filter is however removable. It could still create a bit of a mess - this may be an experiment for tomorrow! ;)

my dad in the 60s had i think it was an electrolux vacuum and the exhaust had the same fixing as suction end and it had a jar spray nozzle to spray paint and he did use it

my dad in the 60s had i think it was an electrolux vacuum and the exhaust had the same fixing as suction end and it had a jar spray nozzle to spray paint and he did use it

From what I remember, we agreed to buy a cylinder vac, from a door to door seller, but they changed their minds, cancelling it. Then they bought a Hoover Constellation like a big round ball, which hovered on it's base. That vacuum ran and ran, forever and had tremendous suction. Obviously the blow port was under the skirt, so you tipped it on it's side to use the blow - I remember my father spraying celluloid paint on a mudguard in the cellar, and coming up near collapse.

You can still buy a brand new traditional cylinder vac if you want to...link cylinder vac

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back