Rewire Regulations

I'm not familiar with this website stuff, but stumbling on shopping orders, estimates, dating site messages, etc, sounds like invasion of privacy, and common decency has to enter into it, so I would respectfully suggest you end it all now, before you find yourself in bother.

Sponsored Links
If I wanted to be nasty, I could be.
All I'm going to do is put my claim in for all the damage and go via the small claims court if needs be. I know that should I go down that route and I've been putting stuff online, contacting customers, etc, I'll be in legal trouble, hence why I've done nothing at this point. But it goes to show how some unhappy customer spending £1.19 on a domain name could seriously affect your business etc.
So I'll be putting off the review website until I know what's happening.
As for receiving emails - it's not my fault people are sending him emails to an email address he doesn't own anymore. It's his responsibility to update his details.

Sponsored Links
Forget the decking as you said it was near end of life.
DO NOT PAY THE REST.
Via confirmed email or post a letter to invite him round to discuss his work and the remedial stuff you want doing. Agree the points to be rectified and a time scale. Put it in writing and get him to sign and date it. If he won't you can tell him you'll get another sparky in to move sockets/switches back and test your electrics and issue a certificate. With that invoice you'll send it to him and explain that you have sorted his errors yourself and have deducted it from this final payment.

So a little update.
I had him to the snag work and paid him in full to get him gone on the 24th January.
I waited 28 days for the certificate to arrive but it didn't so I wrote a letter to complain about the work, the damage caused and the lack of certificate.
He's texted me and sent me an invoice for £715, which comprises of £500 which was supposed to be a discount I got on the work and £215 for him fitting a bathroom fan (which was included anyway.)
He says he's told the QS not to sign the certificate until the new invoice of £715 is paid in full.
He also states he won't be putting our claim into his insurance until that new invoice is paid in full too.

What a Joker he just sees everyone s a walking cash machine, doesn't matter what you say he will just keep invoicing you at random, you'll be throwing good money after bad so get your claim in at the court and get what you can back.

What a Joker he just sees everyone s a walking cash machine, doesn't matter what you say he will just keep invoicing you at random, you'll be throwing good money after bad so get your claim in at the court and get what you can back.
I've just started it now.
He also claims that the council can't provide a Certificate for the work as that would be illegal as only his QS can do it. To get someone else to certify it, I'd have to get the whole rewire done again.

I've just started it now.
He also claims that the council can't provide a Certificate for the work as that would be illegal as only his QS can do it. To get someone else to certify it, I'd have to get the whole rewire done again.
Hopefully he has put that in writing because the court will have him pay for the whole rewire to be done again if it's due to his failing to complete the contract

He a ELECSA registered contractor. If so i'd be contacting them regarding this matter. If you have paid the original invoice in full i can't see how he can refuse to withhold the cert. Hopefully the bathroom fan on the original quote and in writing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back