Rewired house being sold - no part P

I've never sold a house so don't know what questions you are required to answer. I gathered from the OP that he voluntarily provided this information to the vendor's solicitor.

Certainly the buyer is being too fussy if they are worried about something like a part p inspection certificate, which really is a bit of administrivia.

The seller has gone above and beyond by paying for an EICR - that is more than the vast majority of buyers will get, and is just as good as the inspection which happens if BC inspects.

Sponsored Links
I've never sold a house so don't know what questions you are required to answer. I gathered from the OP that he voluntarily provided this information to the vendor's solicitor.
Here is an example of the (completed) relevant section of the form that the vendor or their solicitor has to complete (and the vendor has to sign) on the basis of information provided by the vendor:
As you can see, even if the vendor did not volunteer the information, the solicitor would have to ask before (s)he could complete the form.
Certainly the buyer is being too fussy if they are worried about something like a part p inspection certificate, which really is a bit of administrivia. ... The seller has gone above and beyond by paying for an EICR - that is more than the vast majority of buyers will get, and is just as good as the inspection which happens if BC inspects.
Exactly. I agree totally.

Kind Regards, John

I've started asking questions as to why I'm still having grief over something that I booked in good faith, over 6 years ago.
Because you wanted it done on the cheap.

Show me someone who doesn't what a job done for the cheapest price.

Despite this, I was assured that everything would be done to spec and meet all requirements needed - legal, local and anything else.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back