Rewiring a lamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Please can someone help!
I have bought some vintage lamp bases from the US and need to have them re-wired to work here in the UK, i have been looking everywhere but its very hard to find this service any more and I don’t think that I would have the confidence to do it myself.

They were cheap lamps from a flea market so were not very expensive and i have been told of only one place that can do the re-wiring but at 4x the actual cost of the lamp base.

Does anyone know of anyone or any company that would be able to do some re-wiring?

Thank you.

Lottie

Sponsored Links
Lamp wiring isn't rocket science, it quite ease. but you may need to have some mechanical aptitude and some understanding of what your doing.

Could you post a picture or two of the fitting and hopefully advice can be given from the picture.

Sort of thing that needs considering:-

How many lamps does the fitting have
What sort of bulbs do you intend to use in the finished product
(this will tell us the total watt load of the finished item and will also confirm / deny if the existing bulb holders would be suitable)

If the fitting has any electronics (such as a transformer) please divulge the details.

If you have an olde' world shop in the area that sells electrical bits and pieces, or offers to repair radios and small appliances- they may well be the best place to refurb the fitting and insure it will work correctly to UK / Euro 230- 230v, US is 110v

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back