Rewiring a light switch to work another light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've looked over the forums for this but I can't find it.

I have a light switch outside the bathroom and I'd like instead to use a pull cord switch inside the bathroom. How would I go about doing this?

Once done, I would then like to rewire the switch to turn on the hallway lights downstairs. I currently have 2 switches downstairs that turn on the hallway lights. However, when coming down the stairs on a dark winter's morning, I don't want to switch the upstairs landing light on and flood the bedrooms with light (don't say close the doors!). So, I'd like to be able to switch the downstairs hallway light on from upstairs. The hall and staircase is arranged in a way that light from downstairs would easily light my way. I could then switch it off when I leave the house. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how to do it.

Thanks a lot.

Webby

p.s. I have 2 questions in one here so I've posted it under 2 different headings. Hope that's ok. Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back