Rewiring Horstmann C27 from Potterton 2001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with the rewiring of my old Potterton EP2001 to my new Horstmann C27 please? They are meant to be "compatible" but have to change the back plate and rewire.

This is what I currently have:

Cable "3" is my Hot Water, "4" my Central Heating and "M" is the mains from the isolation switch. I think!

This is what I need to rewire to (according to rewire diagram on "compatibility table" from Horstmann)

http://www.horstmann.co.uk/downloads/electronicdocuments/central-heating/wiringguide.pdf

Thanks

Sponsored Links

The four terminals on the left are all Neutrals, so all three blue wires should be connected to the Neutral (N) terminal of the C27. The black link wire to the N terminal of the EP2001 can be discarded.

The four terminals on the right are all Earth, so connect the three green/yellow wires to the C27 Earth (E) terminal.

The brown wire in cable M goes to the C27 Live (L) terminal.
The brown wire in cable 4 goes to C27 terminal 4.
The brown wire in cable 3 goes to C27 terminal 3.

The red link wire from L to 5 can be discarded.

Brilliant, thankyou. All swapped over and working fine so far. So fingers crossed! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back