Rexon mitre saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rexon Spares. Impossible to find?

I have a rexon 2151 mitre saw and the field windings have broken twice during use (dont ask me why because they dont move and they were not overheated). I managed to mend the first break, but the second one proved to be terminal. I contacted the rexon spares people and was told rexon do not sell these saws any more and motor spares are not available. Any ideas on a fix.
If you are thinking of buying a rexon tool I suggest you check the spares availability first. Maybe spend a bit more to get a reliable tool in the first place. (Not that I am bitter)

Sponsored Links
I've got a rexon sliding saw and had the same problem that required a new field coil. My local power tool repair shop did it for £34 a couple of years ago.

I have had the same problem with my Rexon SM2151Al, its just 18mts old, only been used a few times and just stopped working when used being used.

Contacted Rexon spares, who talked me through faultfinding to locaize the fault at the field winding, which had become open circuit.

They cannot get spare motor windings, which seemed strange in that the machine is only 18mts old.
It does seem there is a problem with these motors and perhaps for this reason they have discontinued them!!!
If anyone knows where I could get a replacement that would save having to dipose of the machine!

anyone else having problems with their Rexon saws??

If all else fails you could try this. Take the motor to pieces and look at the windings you may be able to see the break. If you can see the break you may be able to remove a few turns so that you can cut and remove the short piece of wire connected to the power cable. You can then join the other loose end of the coil to this end of the power cable.
This worked on mine for a while which is better than nothing.
You need to be careful not to damage the coil wire and to make sure the new join is insulated. Test before using.

Sponsored Links
I found a broken wire in the winding of motor on my mitre saw I re-joined it and insulated it. It worked ok for a few cuts and then there was a lot of white sparks coming from the area around the brushes, on inspection there was black residue on them, they are about 15ml long.
Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

if you have joined on the rmoving part off the motor then you need to mechanically fix the wire in place with say varnish to stop it moving and arcing

Same field assy problem with the SM2151AL. Was quoted £150 for a rewind. I was about to bin the mitre saw when I rang REXON SPARES 01709 876611 who said that a field assembly from another model fits (part MS8RA-013A)
It cost £22.49 inc postage, arrived the next day and was all working again by the evening! (bit of a fiddle connecting the wire to the brush housing.
Excellent service from them I thought.

A huge thank you to all who replied to my original question.

I could not throw my saw away when the problem started so I tried to fix it by rewinding the coils myself. That worked after a fashion but the in the end the burning smell became too much so I stashed it in my attic and forgot about it.

It took a few months after I heard about the possible coil replacement solution to do something about it because I have a replacement saw and did I want to risk £20 to see if it the old saw worked.

In the end I took the chance and ordered the replacement coil, after a bit of soldering (and swearing) I managed to put it back together and it now works perfectly.

So thanks again. The only problem I have now is that I need a bigger garage to fit in both the saws.

Congratulations Rexon Spares
I had a Rexon mitre saw SM2150AE with little use cutting a few skirting boards. The white plastic in the field winding melted basically seizing the motor. I complained to Rexon Spares and also to Rexon International, the manafactures that the saw was clearly not fit for purpose as so many had complained with similar problems and probably the reason for withdrawal from sales.
Rexon Spares regained my trust in their after sales service by supplying a FOC replacement field winding. Unfortunately the melting had caused further damage to the motor at first unseen. Awaiting consideration of full replacement motor.
Despite the initial response of parts unavailable REXON SPARES HAVE DELIVERED WELL DONE AND THANK YOU.

I've seen a few of these in the Auctions. I can see why now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back