RF Jamming on Texecom Connect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve noted that i’m getting an increase in RF jamming notifications. I undesrand this can happen if a device is operating on the same frequency as Texecom wireless devices such as wireless thermostats etc. The batteries were replaced recently in both wireless pid’s so I assume the batteries are fine.
The question is, can this lead to an eventual tamper alarm being triggered?

Sponsored Links
Finding the source can be hard work.

did the jamming start before or after batteries were replaced, a low battery in a sensor can cause jamming.

if it continues you have to try and ID the source, or delete all the wireless devices off and try an relearn them, ideally they will learn on to a different wireless network (can’t remember how many there are but you can see in ricochet monitor which network they are on).

street lamps, wireless devices like thermostats, even our water meter is on 868, but it’s pavement side, the street lamp is also on 868. Other wireless alarms in the area are also on 868.

hard wired gets away from this issue, however have to deal with what you have.
some alarms like latest pyronix, Visonic and Orisec all have frequency hoping, units can jump between a few frequencies so if one’s blocked it tries another, but not all systems from those manufacturers have that facility

The jamming happened before the battery change. Received 4-5 notifications. Now receiving double that amount. They tend to happen either early hours of the morning or late morning all within an hour. I’ve read that this frequency has a range of up to 800 meters which would be a whole street.
It hasnt caused any problems with the system its self.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back