Ricochet not learning new device

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I got 2 new micro contacts recently. One learnt with no problems at all. Learn Ricochet mode on keypad, held button on contact, flashed purple, then green. All good.
The system refuses to recognise the other one though. I do the same steps, the contact flashes purple then solid green whilst the keypad is in lean mode for a few seconds then goes into the magnet test. When the light goes green the timer on the keypad stops and beeps, but the keypad still shows the option to learn the device on the zone I just learnt it on.

I have then removed the battery to reset and tried again, but same issue.
I thought I did have this paired initially, but the battery supplied died within a day before I could verify it actually was learnt. Nothing shows on the zone in wintex so I guess not.

Any ideas on how to get it to learn?

On another ricochet issue... the alarm was part armed last night, and my wife disarmed it at 2am to go down stairs at which point it started reporting a Radio Conf Fail for the CO sensor and beeping every few mins. I tried everything including moving it to next to the expander but no luck and eventually I think I took it out of both Areas and that seemed to work when sent to the panel (it was 3am by this point so cant really say I remember)

Any ideas on why it would suddenly act like that?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yeah the panel thinks theres something already in that slot, start learning process as its counting down press rest, then try and learn the device on.

did you establish the mesh network after adding new devices, what version panel and expander do you have

I have the Elite 24 metal on 3.02 with the 8XP-W.

Ok, tried that learning that zone 19, pressing reset, which changes it to show delete zone 20. Then learn, device goes purple, solid green, but keypad remains at Learn device zone 19

Same thing happens if I try on a zone I have never used before.

Not sure what you mean by establishing the mesh network after adding devices. The existing ones, including the CO detector, all show green strength.

So the strange thing is, with the panel not in learn mode, and taking the battery out and replacing it, but the light flashes purple then goes solid green regardless. Is the contact resetting properly when the battery is removed?

Sponsored Links
give there tech support a ring they are open from 8am its usually quiet then so get through straight away.

devices don't learn on usually because they are already learnt on system or the slot is full, cant remember ever having a device that wouldn't learn on because of a fault.

Thanks... did do, and you are right, very quick reply. You were close, its double press of reset.

"Please go to Zone Setup on the keypad and down to the first free wireless zone. Press Reset twice on this zone and repeat for all free zones. Next remove the battery from the device. On any zone press reset to start the learning and then insert the battery into the device. This should then learn onto the system."

Last edited:
I tried this a few times on the unused zones, but going via the Learn Ricochet menu which didnt do anything. But going to the zones on the Zone Setup menu, it double beeped at the double reset press and then all good. The contact learnt straight away. All good.

Thanks

out of interest, on CO detector zones, or smoke zones, does it matter which area I have on them? Do I need all or none or doesnt matter? I obviously want siren and notification if they trigger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back