Ricochet Premiere elite 48 setup

I set mine up without a laptop and despite having fitted a fair few alarms in the past (so wouldn't say I was a novice) I really struggled. To be fair without this forum and specifically sparkymarka I would of still been struggling now. If you can connect a laptop my advice is to do it!

Sponsored Links
Can I use a Mac? Or does it have to be Windows?
Thanks for the advices so far guys, I will get the cable then!

As for a pain to program without a laptop, I would prefer to have a laptop to program with, for so many reasons.

1. You can see lots of information easily rather than going through an option at a time.
2. You get stuck and the profile screen shots or emailed to someone may be able to get you help more quickly.

Given your comments I would advise you leave well alone.

This is a wireless panel, as such you will be using the keypad to learn the devices on.

The devices are assigned from zone 9 onwards, you then have to correctly assign the zone types.

What devices are you installing?

Sponsored Links
I have got 3 pirs and 1 contact.
I tried yesterday to learn 2 pirs and it was successful, but when I tried to arm the alarm it said: do you want to arm with fault? I say yes and it said: battery fault, and it could not arm...

well the main panel battery is essential in the event f a power cut so you need one.

turning off the battery monitoring can be done, but you still need a battery long term.

Cant think of any other settings that would affect the battery arming not being possible and did a quick test with an ats and a battery fault and was able to arm the system.

so I would need to dig deeper, is suspect it may not have armed for a different reason.

Last edited:
So in theory, if I turn the battery monitoring off it should be able to arm?
I'm curious to know if the problem is something else...

Haha well I thought it would have been enough, that's why it does not arm?

These panels are not normally ready to go I normally turn off quite a few things to start with depending on the job and grade of system , have you ever fitted an alarm system before ? Even a basic one ?

in order to help the more specific your problem is the easier it is to advise.

given your current knowledge it may be a long process to get you moving on.

If your still struggling tomorrow evening give us a shout/ call, not making any promises but we may be able to get you moving.

not trying to insult your intelligence, I attend a lot of systems that are "installed" but not working properly, diy, electricians and alarm installers all can get it wrong, usually confusion or lack of knowledge of that system.

Those that have a clue have something close, others its just default and start again and if really unlucky its rewire it aswell.

These panels are not normally ready to go I normally turn off quite a few things to start with depending on the job and grade of system , have you ever fitted an alarm system before ? Even a basic one ?
Nope I have never fitted an alarm before, but I'm a fast learner, I would just need some hints on how to start here, what shall I do after I have learned the devices? What are the things I should turn off?

You shouldn't go turning things on or off to compensate for doing things wrong.

You have learned two devices on, so what are the zone types and what area are they assigned to
What user did you use to try and arm the system
What areas are assigned to the keypad
What are the arming modes for the areas the detctors are assigned to
What is the address of the keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back