Ricochet Premiere elite 48 setup

in order to help the more specific your problem is the easier it is to advise.

given your current knowledge it may be a long process to get you moving on.

If your still struggling tomorrow evening give us a shout/ call, not making any promises but we may be able to get you moving.

not trying to insult your intelligence, I attend a lot of systems that are "installed" but not working properly, diy, electricians and alarm installers all can get it wrong, usually confusion or lack of knowledge of that system.

Those that have a clue have something close, others its just default and start again and if really unlucky its rewire it aswell.
Thanks for the help. Well the first thing they say to do in the manual is to turn the control panel on using just the battery, which I didn't have, so I didn't do that. I used directly AC and it went on, then I leaned the pirs but it kept saying battery fault and it did not arm. and what is the commission mode by the way?

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't go turning things on or off to compensate for doing things wrong.

You have learned two devices on, so what are the zone types and what area are they assigned to
What user did you use to try and arm the system
What areas are assigned to the keypad
What are the arming modes for the areas the detctors are assigned to
What is the address of the keypad.
I did not assign any of those things yet. About the user I just used the default user code and it switched from engineer mode to user mode

1. Address of the keypad (need to know what it is so you can program it up) Yes and menu in day mode Add=XXX
2. Check Keypad setup for Add XXX
3. Check what zone types assigned to devices learned and what areas are assigned to them (Zone setup).
4. Check Arming mode for the Area the zones are assigned to, at default its Entry / Exit which requires the entry door to be activated bore it will set, so if it was set to timed you wouldn't have to activate a detector programmed as e/e.

As you can see there is a fair bit to do to get started and I am not saying its a comprehensive list as it certainly isn't.

Sponsored Links
5. the you can check the user has the areas assigned to them, although the master user should have most of what you need setup, but it needs to tally with the other programming for it to work. (Setup users).

Ok I took some screenshots.
How can I turn the battery monitoring off to see if it would arm?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 132
turning off the battery monitoring isn't going to help.

1. the keypad is address 1. check the area keypad I is assigned to.(Keypad setup) default is area A
2. I see attributes for zones but no zone type, zone wiring, no area, note wireless should start at zone 9 if its wireless.
3. if arming mode is entry exit need to see the entry exit zone open and close after the exit has started.

you have a lot still to learn, but your getting about in the menus which is good.

So how should I set it if I just want 2 pirs to detect an intruder and nothing else? I won't put the contact on the door yet cause the door will be changed in 3 days, I just want to make sure all the material in the house is safe for these 3 days

What else do you need to know? Basically there will be a first room when you get in which will have a pir, and another room with another pir. The first pir will look on the main door, the other pir on the rear door.
After I have learned the 2 pirs, what shall I do? Shall they go both in 1 zone? Is it correct to assign entry/exit as arming mode? Do I have to learn the bell to in order to arm? All the keypad says is tamper tamper tamper lol

Also, has the wiring been done correctly?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 119
No the wiring is not correct ?
Using a mains cable to wire the bell circuit has not enough cores so you will have to link the strobe to make that work !
Also you could cause yourself a problem if 240 volts is connected to that. Cable?
It will blown the control panel up as all connections are low voltage on the pcb.
Your pics show zone 1,2 etc wireless devices should to learnt and programed from zone 9 onwards

Oh ****...the electrician did that wiring.
The bell is wireless.
Do you guys have any pictures of a correct wiring?

The network is wired with mains cable, wow, there is no bell wiring from the picture.

Angel ring me I have 4 hours spare this morning starting now, lets see if we can get you sorted but post by post on the forum isn't going to get you anywhere fast.

Get some 8 core alarm cable, want to do this because I am scared you are going to get injured.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back