Ridge Tile Cement Gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 25 year old house with double roman tiles, located in southern England. I have cemented ridge tiles where I can see gaps between the ridge tiles cement and roof tiles. I had the roof cleaned a few months ago (not power washed) and the moss was removed and then a chemical cleaner was applied.

I have attached a picture of the house and some of the worst areas where there are gaps in the ridge tile cement.

What I wanted to know is, do I need to get these ridge tiles reset based on the pictures attached?? Based on last winter storm, I am concerned about strong winds and the risk of these ridge tiles come crashing down.

Attachments

• IMG_3215.jpeg
    IMG_3215.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3213.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3212.jpeg
    IMG_3212.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3214.jpeg
    IMG_3214.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 123
  • house.png
    house.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
Funny, but one image looks like it was taken on a dull day, and the rest when it was blue sky and sunny and then - boom - the roof changes form double romans to plains!

Trés odd.

Pictures were taken on same day and 30 mins between pictures, changeable weather today. My error I included a picture of next door, which I have removed now.

Redland 50 tile.
They need re bedding with a mechanical fix
Or dry fix. My house i would re bed

Sponsored Links
Lift them off, be bed in mortar, then screw in a stainless screw and plate . These are available at roofing merchants usually klober.
Don't screw down tight until the mortar has gone off .
The chances are if you have storm damage and try to claim, they will not pay out because there are no mechanical fixings .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back