Ridge tile damage

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Although compared to some, we've been lucky to get away with not much damage in the storms. Just a ridge tile which has flaked away.

My first question: is it likely to begin to leak? I have seen no drips in the loft as yet.

Secondly: assuming no leaks, do you think it is worth replacing? I have heard that if you start removing ridge tiles, damage to the slates beneath is likely. I certainly can't afford to replace the whole roof!

Thanks for any advice.

Roof1.jpg
Roof2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Replace it. Sooner or later it will cause harm to timbers etc.
Good looking slate you have . Choose your roofer carefully get the split one done at the same time

Replace it. Sooner or later it will cause harm to timbers etc.
Good looking slate you have . Choose your roofer carefully get the split one done at the same time
Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
Does that mean that I shall only need one or two slates replacing as well as the ridge tile?

Sponsored Links
You may need just one .
The old mortar should clean off to allow a neat bed
That's good news. A bloke is coming to look at it tomorrow afternoon. He's done some slate replacements on our roof before - cracked ones - but they were around our conservatory where I go up to clean the gutters usually once a year and were probably broken or weakened by me sitting on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back