Ridge tiling job in 1 day?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The weather looks good for the time being, so am going to tackle the ridge tiles.
Can anyone tell me;
I've read up on the mix: 3:2:1 or 2:1:1 building:sharp:cement.
Would the latter mix be better/stronger?
(hardro slates and ridge tiles)

Also
Could I do it over a few days, or would I have to do the whole ridge in 1 go, so there's no join, tempting any cracking in the mortar?

Sponsored Links
I always use plastering sand but others dont,personal preferance.3-1 mix is fine,use feb or washing up liquid mixed with your water,you will find it alot easier to work with..Try bedding them one day and point another day. ;)

321 is best. dont make it stronger it will crack to buggery in hot weather.
Do not use washing up liquid, it's very bad practice. use a proper admix.

321 is best. dont make it stronger it will crack to b*****r in hot weather.
Do not use washing up liquid, it's very bad practice. use a proper admix.
There is no need for a DIYer to buy feb mix.Washing up liqiud will do no harm whatsoever.No need to buy feb to use a few drops then let it sit in the garage for 20 years.To the OP if you plan on using the rest of the feb mix some time soon then buy some,If not then take no notice of databall and use fairy liquid. ;)

Sponsored Links
you dont need to buy 5 ltrs you can actually buy small sachets.

Washing up liquid will indeed do harm.. google that.

best mix i find is 2 yellow 1 brown building sand 1 cement goes rock hard.not keen on all yellow sand mix.bed and point as you go.feb mix is the way to go.only 6 quid a bottle

Fairy - schmairy . Get some lime in it :idea: :cool: a Judicious use of lime will be fine . But wear gloves - cus hands that judicious can feel rough as a bear`s ass :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back