Riello burner motor not starting

You have a early vortex combi pre September 2008 ìidentifiable by having 2 boards.
Looking through the fault finding chart it would look like you have a pcb fault
Suggest you download correct manual with is for vortex combi 26 not combi pro!

Sponsored Links
FFS the wiring is simple.
Start at the burner terminals and work back one component at a time until the missing voltage is found.

Ok I will make it easier.........Do you have voltage at the Temp pcb in and out?

My money is on the pcb!!

Last edited:
Thanks fellas, I think we're nearly there!

Yesterday I got as far as working up from the burner and across the control panel and I uploaded a pic showing the voltages on the previous page, but couldn't get as far as the 2nd PCB due to rain.

Today I've been able to unscrew the second PCB and test the voltage.
I've uploaded a picture to make it clearer but I get 0v when I check the blue and brown wires on the board, but 233v when checking the blue and red wire.

Can anybody please confirm that I should be getting voltage when connecting a multimeter to the blue and brown connectors, and getting no voltage there shows a fault even though I'm getting a good reading on the blue and red wires?

Sponsored Links
Fuses on both PCB's are tested and good.
I think at this point I just need to order a new PCB and try it.

I have both pcb surplus to requirement due to retirement at very cheap price, If you are interested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back