Riello burner won't fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Riello rdb2,2 26-33 burner won't fire up, there is no wall mounted thermostats, it is about 7 years old and our house is very thermally efficient, so there is 600 litres of oil used over a year. Two weeks ago the burner was running to heat some water without any problems. The other day when I switched it on the fan was running but it didn't fire, the red button doesn't light up and I have tried the small overheating reset button to no avail. I have pressed and held in the big red button several times, checked connections and cleaned the flame detector and shone a torch on it, I have even borrowed a black control box, but no joy.
Does anyone have any ideas that I could try?

Sponsored Links
If motor is constantly running and not going to lock out photocell normal candidate but really you shouldn't be trying to change random parts. Decent oil service engineer required!

Thanks for your advice, I am a mechanical engineer and I only changed a ''random'' part because a working control box was available, which ruled it out as being faulty.....

Unplug the photocell from the control box. Start the burner, if it fires then goes to lockout, replace the photocell.

Sponsored Links
Oilhead, your advice worked a treat, thank you. Now I know what part I need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back