Riello oil boiler HELP -wont start after service

Sponsored Links
Ok.

I loosened the bottom pressure guage screw. Nothing came out.

I fired up the boiler , same result.

I removed the screw. Nothing came out. I fired up the boiler, still nothing.

So is the pump knackered?

depending on the model of fuel pump there is a vent on the side of the pump casing ( allen key req).

OP- With all due respect, you are a person trying to do something yourself but you're not a DIYer. There is a difference between the two. It means you wish to be talked through everything as you don't know what you're doing. In your situation it's best to get manufacturer's instructions and study them.

Sponsored Links
OP- With all due respect, you are a person trying to do something yourself but you're not a DIYer. There is a difference between the two. It means you wish to be talked through everything as you don't know what you're doing. In your situation it's best to get manufacturer's instructions and study them.

Firstly:

Thanks to everyone. I replaced the oil pump this afternoon and now all is fine.

Secondly:

Not a DIYer'? I think not. As I posted eariler I can strip and rebuilt an engine and all manner of car related stuff. The oil boiler, however simplistic it is, is something I had not done before.

I had read the manufacturer instructions, but there's nothing like experience, hence my questions.

:rolleyes:

Not a DIYer'? I think not. As I posted eariler I can strip and rebuilt an engine and all manner of car related stuff. The oil boiler, however simplistic it is, is something I had not done before.

I had read the manufacturer instructions, but there's nothing like experience, hence my questions.

I mean't DIYer for the job you were doing. If you read, I advised looking it up instead of asking multiple questions over the forum.

Assume you've re-commissioned everything ok then.

i hope you have adjusted the pump pressure correctly and set up the boiler to correct co2 etc!!

was curious as 24hrs ago you didn't have the ability to check the pressure of the pump!

OP has either had oil pump fitted by a pro....
or there will be a boiler full of soot within 2 weeks as the factory set oil pressure will be too high for the old Grant E/F 70/90!!! :LOL:

I hope you have checked the co with a FGA it could be pumping carbon monoxide at a very leathal rate if the burner is not set up correctly. :eek:

Factory setting of pump is 8 bar, Grant Euroflame 9 bar, so better lean than rich. Too much CO is from too lean amixture, or too rich. Too lean on a grant means it blows itself out on ignition. Too rich, and you won't see the flue for the smoke. but if the pressure has been set, and there is no smoke and it stays alight, then shouldn't be too far away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back