Right-angle drill attachment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience of using a right-angle drill attachment - the sort that are available for just over a tenner?

For jobs like drilling small holes in joists they look like good value when compared with the cost of buying or even hiring a proper right-angle drill.

I would be gratefully for any views.

Sponsored Links
havent seen the ones for a tenner but for a few holes and £10 why argue?

They are OK if used at LOW speed. If you try to use them with the full power of the drill on them you will find the gears being chewed up.

If you will do a LOT of right angled drilling I would suggest the purchase of a dedicated right angled drill.

Sponsored Links
I used a very cheap right angle attachment to drill through joists using flat bits. Very slow, over heated - not good. I then found an old B&D power drill that was quite small and would fit between the joists and zip through them with the flat bit. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back