angle drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need to use a 70mm hole saw to put in 60 soffit vents,the problem i have is i cannot get in to do the job with my normal drill so can anyone tell me are these angle drill attachments capable of doing this job because i heard they dont last for long.also will cordless 14 v angle drill be good enough to do this job. p.s.will have to cut through upc and plywood total thickness of 15mm.

cheers Tom. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
what is the total gap you have
what length is the hole bit from point to other end off shaft ??
how much drill bit [arbour] is protruding from the face off the teeth and the back off the body ??
24v would be better what make is your drill ??

and what i assume is 9mm cladding on 6mm ply is not ideal
you should have a minimum 12 preferably 18mm+cladding or no timber and 18mm plastic

what is the total gap you have
what length is the hole bit from point to other end off shaft ??
how much drill bit [arbour] is protruding from the face off the teeth and the back off the body ??
24v would be better what make is your drill ??

and what i assume is 9mm cladding on 6mm ply is not ideal
you should have a minimum 12 preferably 18mm+cladding or no timber and 18mm plastic
Hi Big-All thanks for reply,total gap is 130mm but the soffit is at an angle to the wall.total lenght of hole bit is 77mm,drillbit to teeth is 6mm,back of body is 35mm.my drill is Titan 18v from screwfix.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
so i doubt anything with a chuck will get in there
Hitachi D10YB
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-D10yb-Rotary-Angle-Drill/dp/B0001P09F0/[/QUOTE]
yep that would work ok

another thought if you drill at a slight angle off perhaps 5 to seven degrees [83 to 85%]you will get a slightly oval hole but will give a good few mm more length
all you have to do is work out the largest angle before the rim wont cover the top and bottom off the oval by trying in an offcut

so i doubt anything with a chuck will get in there
Hitachi D10YB
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-D10yb-Rotary-Angle-Drill/dp/B0001P09F0/[/QUOTE]
yep that would work ok

another thought if you drill at a slight angle off perhaps 5 to seven degrees [83 to 85%]you will get a slightly oval hole but will give a good few mm more length
all you have to do is work out the largest angle before the rim wont cover the top and bottom off the oval by trying in an offcut
Hi Big All,i think your suggestion may work i will give it a try, holesaw on its way.
cheers Tom. :rolleyes:

good luck
just make sure the drill will be in 3 or 4mm before the saw bites
and of course for every mm you go in you can gradually move the angle nearer to 90% as the length shortens :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back