Right tool for the job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been playing with my shiny new electric nailer. Banged a few 30mm staples into a bit of wood then decided that, actually, that was quite a nice bit of timber; better hang on to it.

Right... need to get those staples out. Where are the pliers?

Can't be @r$ed going back out there; what is there nearby?

Half inch wood chisel. That'll do.

Now have an inch-and-a-half scar right up my wrist, parallel to and only a quarter inch away from a prominent artery! Sometimes hard to convince people that I wasn't trying to top myself.

Right tool? Yeah, I must be :oops:

Sponsored Links
Lucky escape, chisels and screwdrivers are dangerous tools if mishandled.

Ouch, looks like an ex-girlfriend had a lucky escape then...she used one of my favourite wood chisels as a screwdriver a few years ago and managed to break it in half?!?!?!

Still can't work that one out to this day!

Steve

Sponsored Links
Screwdrivers and chisels? Pah!!It's a paint roller you need to be careful with. I was taping one to a roller pole with gaffer tape VERY, VERY tight, RIP! tape snapped, bang! roller hit me on the forehead, left me with a lovely semicircular cut for a fortnight.

Lads in the pub didn't take the "****" . Yeah right.

Screwdrivers and chisels? Pah!!It's a paint roller you need to be careful with. I was taping one to a roller pole with gaffer tape VERY, VERY tight, RIP! tape snapped, bang! roller hit me on the forehead, left me with a lovely semicircular cut for a fortnight.

Lads in the pub didn't take the "****" . Yeah right.

you gave me a good chuckle at the end of a long night shift. thanks lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back