Rightwing Backlash

Poor Justin does not know the difference between an employee and a contractor.

He is clearly more ignorant than I thought

Or possibly he is just dishonest, and pretending not to know.

Which is it, Justin?
You're wrong again.
What is it you do with contractors?
Oh yeah, you employ them.
His contract precludes him from saying what he did.
Public see him a as that - a paid employee of the BBC.
Whether it's a fixed term or some other detail, is irrelevant.

Why are you pretending otherwise.

Trying desperately to find some irrelevant nuance to be anile and captious, is what you would do only as the wannabe forum number 1 troll.

Sponsored Links
The rightwing backlash may do the licence payer a favour when it comes to renewing Lineker's contract. Why bother have him on a long standing contract - 25 years! when you can have all the highlights without the waffle.
When 6.06 was still going on R5Live, many moons ago Robbie Savage argued with a caller in his usual way and tried to 'win' by claiming his knowledge of the game was superior since he was an ex-player; which predictably wound everyone up into a state of incoherence.
I disagreed with his stance as i've been watching the game for far longer than he ever played and know how to analyse the match just as well as any ex-player. The younger generation might hang on every word but i doubt it. Time for the BeeB to freshen up the old format and bring new faces into play, as they're doing all around their media network.
Whose going to pump us with climate change, black lives matter ,racism, women in football etc etc if they did away with pundits.

How many more times?

GUIDANCE.

Even the DG says so.
It precludes him going too far. How many more times?
He can have an opinion. the Nazi connection was too far.
Do you think it would be OK if all BBC employees likened the government to Nazis?

Sponsored Links
Do you think it would be OK if all BBC employees likened the government to Nazis?
Yes if they behave (in a fascist way) like them. A bit like the 1930's for instance.

Do you know the difference between "contractual" and "guidance"?

That's my issue with what you're posting : you're insistently posting something that's incorrect, despite being shown a number of times.

Disagree with what he wrote / how he wrote it, by all means.

What is it you do with contractors?
Oh yeah, you employ them.
His contract precludes him from saying what he did.
Public see him a as that - a paid employee of the BBC
You can only employ employees.
you engage contractors

You can only employ employees.
you engage contractors
That's just trying to split hairs. I've been employed as a contractor. Which he's trying to do to avoid tax. In this context it means the same thing, and doesn't absolve him from his responsibilities.

Under the conditions which have been set by the BBC for him to WORK FOR them - he's gone too far.
Adhering to the guidance is part of the conditions for him to work for them.

OK?
Now it's you being captious and anile.

Why would the BBC issue guidance if they don't expect you to honour it.
You working for someone is contingent on you behaving yourself.
He didn't.
He is obliged to be impartial.
He blatantly wasn't, by making his statement, which was in any case untrue.

You can't get out of that by nit-picking.

1678627159615.png

Last edited:
That's just splitting hairs. Which he's trying to do to avoid tax. In this context it means the same

Under the conditions which have been set by the BBC for him to WORK FOR them - he's gone too far.
Adhering to the guidance is part of the conditions for him to work for them.

OK?
Now it's you being captious and anile.
Simply sack him then if it is that clear cut.

I expect it isn't though

Sky Sports’ Kaveh Solhekol has been praised by thousands as he goes in on the BBC regarding their Gary Lineker announcement

Kaveri said in the clip gone viral:
“But a lot of people are looking at this and saying, how come Andrew Neal, one of the most high profile political journalists and interviewers on the BBC for many, many years, how come he is allowed to be the chairman of a right wing magazine, The Spectator?

“How come he is allowed to express political opinions on Twitter as much as he wants?

“How come the Chairman of the BBC, Richard Sharp, the Chairman is somebody who donated £400,000 to theConservative Party, someone who has helped arrange an £800,000 loan for the former Prime Minister, Boris Johnson.

“How come Robbie Gibb, or as we have to call him, Sir Robbie Gibb, who used to be the Communications Director for the former Prime Minister, Theresa May, how come he’s on the BBC board at the moment?

“Why is Alan Sugar allowed to say what he wants on Twitter about political matters? What about Jeremy Clarkson? He’s got a column in The Sun, he’s got a column in the Sunday Times. He was on the BBC. He frequently expressed political opinions, which many people think are extreme on social media

Sponsored Links
Back