Ring doorbells

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone give me an idiot's guide to ring doorbells?

A female friend is worried about an ex partner and wants a ring doorbell. She's concerned about what I guess is lurking, or stalking.

Just trying to figure out wired v wireless, and recordings.
Afaik wired allows prerecord? So you see the approach?
You can only view back if you subscribe? Otherwise it's just a posh peephole?

Sponsored Links
Hi
Myself and my daughter got on a few yrs ago in regard to daughters ex boyfriend who was causing a few silly problems a few yrs ago and would'n't be without it now

we got a ring.com which you charge up every few days, it has an app to use with a smart phone, also you can talk and hear the other person to answer them through a wireless connection. It even shows up when were out to see who's at the door.

We pay a yearly cost of think £25 so we can keep recordings and play them back through ring.com, u can still use it without subscribing but wont be able to do play back, but you can still see who's at your door and speak to them etc

Its invaluable as far as am concerned we can see who's at the door even when where out, and depending on the surrounding area you set by your front door ours keeps an eye on our car as well,

You can buy a solar charging unit which fits on the ring to charge it, although now you can get a ac adapter for it which we have but not fitted it yet, as we find we need to charge maybe once a week and ring emails you to remind you ur battery is running low

Simple to set up from the app

Cheers
£25 isn't anything really.
So long as it isn't £10 a week!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back