Ring spurs

I did edit that comment to read "in" not "from" (my error), but my EDIT marker seems to have been excluded.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - so BAS's and my 'first thoughts' were correct. As I said, I was doubtful that MCBs were around back then, but clearly they were!

Crabtree MCB's were popular back then, for commercial & industrial sites. Dark brown in colour.

Sponsored Links
Crabtree MCB's were popular back then, for commercial & industrial sites. Dark brown in colour.
Fair enough. I've never had anything to do with commercial or industrial installations, and I think it was well into the 70s (maybe even later) before I saw, or even heard of, MCBs in domestic installations.

Kind Regards, John

Fair enough. I've never had anything to do with commercial or industrial installations, and I think it was well into the 70s (maybe even later) before I saw, or even heard of, MCBs in domestic installations.

Kind Regards, John

I never really ventured much into domestic, but the first I saw were the Wylex MCB's which you could use to replace their fuse wire bridges, with two buttons.

I never really ventured much into domestic, but the first I saw were the Wylex MCB's which you could use to replace their fuse wire bridges, with two buttons.
Same here (although ones with levers, rather than buttons) - but, in my case, that was well into (probably in the latter part of) the 80s.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back