RIP, Carling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had the worst DIY disaster ever today :cry:

I'm sure maybe a few of you have been in this situation at least once.

There i was, eager to go with a few finishing touches to the exterior of the extension i have been building. unfortunately the weather prevented me from doing what i had planned so i thought i would do a little painting inside.

The radio was blasting out cheery songs and i soon got into the swing of things. After an hour or two i grew a thirst as so many of us do. I remembered i had 1 ice cold can of my favorite tipple left in the fridge. In addition, my friendly landlord gave me one of those lovely glasses with the thing in the bottom to make it FIZZ.

I poured the said LAST can into the lovely new glass and sat it on a tin of paint to breath whilst i finished painting the door. I turned with a tin of paint in my hand and caught the glass :cry: :cry: :cry:

needless to say the glass fell to the floor breaking in several pieces and spilling the contents. I looked up to see my wife laughing at me :mad:

A sad day for the poor guy who brewed that fine beer for me only for it to be waisted....

Oh well, sent the wife out to get some more. That will teach her laughing at me :D

Sponsored Links
Bad Luck Mick,

Its always a terrible thing when beer goes to waste, and in such regrettable circumstances...

Could have been worse though...it could have been a pint of proper beer, real ale ! ;)

I thought you were going to say you accidently dipped your brush in the lager and it came out pristine clean... :LOL:

Glad to see you didn't go without though, in fact it was a blessing in disguise because you sacrificed your last to gain more...think there is a lesson for us all here. ;)

Funny you should say that, I love a brew called hobgoblin (think its spelt that way)

Now if it were that that went over there would have been trouble :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back