RIP my beloved puter

M

Moz

I tried to replace the motherboard the other week to an AUS Deluxe PCI one ..

all didnt go to plan ...lol

I have now scrapped my old system back together(with all its whirrying an beeping ??,lol) ...its got me online but I think I NEED to get a kustom PC built professionally , I think me cutting a hole in the case wall next to the old mother board with a 4"angle grinder was a bad move +the fairy lights in the case wont help ,lol ...
anyone here got a kustom PC,an did they build it themselves ?

Sponsored Links
I built my own PC. It works fine. It is quite a simple thing to do, provided you know where to plug things in and dont touch anything you shouldn't.

And why does that title seem awfully familiar . . . :cool:

well I heard of of a kustom PC .. people .. who are the dogs Boll888s..

I need the umffmfh to go for a shop style pc online business ... ???

I got a BOSS PC .. but need yah or nah ... ?

Sponsored Links
Moz

I'm obviously getting old because I don't understand your lingo.

For example, what does "umffmfh" mean in the context of your last sentence?

Softus

I am going for the kustom PC .. people .. who are the dogs Boll888s.. I hear but online to order an SCOTS ... lol....

I rang them last week they are a BOSS FIRM FOR "KUSTOM PC ",

UP GRADE , great ... an very friendly ...

um, ok - that's great - sounds like a good machine to get....

I took the insides out of my old pooters and shoved them in this little box
I212579.jpg

its great and has a nice blue glow in the dark :LOL:

Blimey I thought that was the shedio !! :eek:

I custom-built mine. I took a Lian-Li PCV-2100 case, and performed a few minor mods to it

1) I reversed the direction of the case fan so it became an intake instead of an exhaust

2) I used my dremel to cut out the restrictive metalwork between the fan and the outside world, and used coax cable insulation as a grommet (no sharp edges now!)

3) I ducted the air from this fan onto the rather large CPU heatsink (one of the early Zalmann Flower units, so not the biggest but still quite big)

4) I cut the PSU tray to allow me to fit a fanless PSU (a Thermaltake one with a big heatsink hanging out the back)

I added a fan controller so I could crank the fan (in the singular!) up and down as required. If I am just leaving the computer idling I can turn it right down and you barely hear a sound. If I am doing something CPU intensive I turn it right up, the CPU maxes out at about 60 celsius. I saw 64 on a very hot summer's day once after several hours of GTA: San Andreas.

The PC does exactly what I need, and how I want it. I could have bought a standard desktop much more cheaply, but it would be noisier than mine, and I wouldn't have had the upgradability the I have made much use of (I have space for 12 hard-drives plus I think 7x 5.25" bays.)

The questions you need to ask yourself are

1) How powerful do you want it?
2) How quiet do you want it?
3) How energy efficient do you want it? (some people do consider this!!!)
4) How much storage capacity do you want?
5) How much upgradability do you want?
6) How futureproof do you want it? (BTX equipment coming out now, you might want to check your case can accept BTX components as well as ATX)

Hi AdamW

I am going withis mobo ..

Thermaltake Shark Black Case

Seasonic S12-600 PSU

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

AMD Athlon64 x2 4800 Dual Core CPU

Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS9500 LED

OCZ 1Gb PC4000 Gold VX (double up if sluggish ? )

GeForce 7800GTX PCI-E (will double that up at a later date )

Seagate 7200.8 300Gb SATA Hard Disk

I think that will do me for a year or 2 ,I do like a good shooter game ...an with Quake4 an Fear an COD2 awaiting my trigger clickfest

I am thinking of getting one of these next gen consoles too,Xbox 360 looks promising ...

That's it then Moz .. off to Mars or somewhere?? We'll know when it comes on line, Oldbury Power station be changing down a gear or two.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back