Rip off merchants.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't been to see a band live since U2 in 1987 so I haven't really kept abreast of ticket purchasing procedures. Anyway, I discovered recently that Morrisey was touring next year and have just found out this evening that the Sex Pistols are playing the IOW 2008 festival. Tickets for both events were sold out through the normal box office route but are available through various companies at vastly inflated prices. These companies are little better than touts who are ripping off people with a genuine interest in these and other performers. I don't know what the solution is but they need to be stopped. Thankfully I got the Morrisey tickets at face value plus a reasonable booking fee, but some of the prices I saw on the net were plain ridiculous. Off to do more searches for IOW 2008.

Sponsored Links
What is it with the plethora of prats on this forum at the moment. I ain't whinging. I'm making a legitimate complaint about companies ripping people off. What is wrong with that? I can assure you that if my only option had been to purchase overpriced tickets then I wouldn't have bothered. How would you feel if one local shop bought up all the cheap booze and fags and then sold it back to you at over inflated prices with a processing fee thrown in for good measure? Sod off numpty.

on a better note if you got to a festival tho you may pay up to a £100 a ticket but get to see loads of bands, not too many years ago we went to the ozzfest at milton keynes bowl, was about 60 quid but got to see at least 5 bands tha i like in one day, a good day out had by all!

but i know what your saying, it can be very pricey to see just one band at a local venue.

it has to be expensive tho, have you not seen the price of drugs these days??? ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
jefoss....IOW 2008, adult weekend ticket non camping is £110.00 which I feel is excellent value for the three days. Cheapest I've found online is £ 192.50. Not a bad profit for not actually getting off your arse and doing anything.

What is it with the plethora of prats on this forum at the moment. I ain't whinging. I'm making a legitimate complaint about companies ripping people off. What is wrong with that? I can assure you that if my only option had been to purchase overpriced tickets then I wouldn't have bothered. How would you feel if one local shop bought up all the cheap booze and fags and then sold it back to you at over inflated prices with a processing fee thrown in for good measure? s** off numpty.

How the hell can i get it sold to me at a over inflated prices if i don't buy it.

Dont buy!

i see what your saying solo, when i ever buy any tickets i try to go to source, and to be honest £192 is a bit excessive but stil not bad for 3 days!

What I have found is when you go to these big concerts, you can't see a thing anyway! :rolleyes:

I went to see Fleetwood Mac at the NEC and The Eagles at Wembley and it could have been anyone on the stage and I wouldn't have known the difference. :cry:

What I have found is when you go to these big concerts, you can't see a thing anyway! :rolleyes:

I went to see Fleetwood Mac at the NEC and The Eagles at Wembley and it could have been anyone on the stage and I wouldn't have known the difference. :cry:

ahh thats where ti helps being tall and making sure you get good front rows, i may be getting on but ill still go into the mosh pits!! :cool: :LOL:

I went to see a band on friday.

No complaints about the view we had :D

IMGP2742.jpg

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back