Ripped off

Interesting comments Tony,

DIYnot and others are DIY forums, where posters can ask for help and advice, if Puller can't understand that simple fact, then he should be Banned end of.

And that also applies to the next idiot "Isxit"

Sponsored Links
Dick Puller gives very good advice to DIYers.

But what gets on his goat is the "ccc"s as he calls them, qualified people who did an expensive six week gas course but have no practical experience at all and then think they know everything!

Tony

But don't you fall into that catagory Tony? :LOL:

Dick Puller is always saying you used to work in TV.

Seriously though.

As a non plumber it makes no difference to me whether or not someone is time served or course trained, as long as they do a good job and have a few years experience under their belt than thats good enough for most people. :cool:

Sponsored Links
Dick Puller is always saying you used to work in TV.

I don't know why he should be talking about me!

"Working in TV" to most people conjure up an idea of TV presenters or performers. I was never one of them.

I worked in the BBC engineering department and specifically in the Transmission Department. Initially maintaining high power broadcasting equipment ( which included water cooling systems at about 500 kW ! ) but later involved with finding and buying sites for new transmitters.

Later the Transmission Department head office was moved out of London and then privatized. I left shortly after the sell off! Its been sold four times since then!

Tony

Hello Razor your a sharp one aint yer ;)

That's a hell of a lot more than can be said for you doherty, stick around and you'll no doubt suffer the same abuse you get on screwfix. And well deserved too, there's loads of fellas on here who post on both sites.

typical example. boiler went down in a restaurant. so we pushed a few non important jobs aside to give priority to getting the restaurant hot water.2 months later still chasing payment.love you when youve fixed the problem. loathe you when you give them the bill.

Take the whole family in for a meal,keep the wine and beer flowing until the bills paid,then walk out.

Dear, dear chaps what's all the fuss about. I'm the milk of human kindness & a sweet little puppy dog.

Telly Tony Agile is right, I dislike CC/CCCs & DaftyDIYers. I only dislike them mind - cause they are a great source of work.......... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back