Ripping off B&Q??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently was in the Corporate Shed mentioned above and grabbed a couple of 15mm tap connector hoses as i passed them knowing i would need them later that week.

I had a few other bits and bobs and was surprised at the total! anyway i checked the receipt later that evening and t o my horror the hose were £7.50 each??? Argh i thought and promptly rushed to the plumbers merchant where i purchased the same item, made and packaged the same by the same mftr for a measly £1.68 each!

The next week i took the items back to get a refund when i realised I did not know which ones i had used as all 4 were identical. Couple this with B&Q's no receipt needed, we'll give you a credit note, policy for a returns and i thought damn it I'm in the wrong game!

I wonder if they do the same with a £600 boiler? The plot thickens

I in no way endorse screwing over the people responsible for 0 hardware stores in my area. I only need a a box of screws but have to drive to local out of town shopping area to get them!!!

Please share your hatred of Sheds here.........

Sponsored Links
I hate DIY sheds too for a number of reasons, however today I hate furniture sheds even more especially DFS.

At 12:10 my mobile rang while I was at my desk (lucky as it would have been off if I'd been next to a plane) and some wench announces her name and that they've got my settees ready.

"Okay"I replied

"So, they'll be with you some time tomorrow then" (not "can we deliver them tomorrow?" or "when would be a good day to deliver them")

"That's no good, I'll be at work" I informed her

"OH! Erm, can no-one else come to the house and let them in" she enquired, obviously taken aback by the fact that I go to work during the day.

"No my family don't live locally and my neightbours go to work" - like I'd want someone else to see my nice new settees before me.

"We'll put them down for a Friday delivery then" she said, which as it happens, is OK, but they couldn't hold them over the weekend to deliver on Monday.

What is it with these companies that think they have the right to tell their customer when they will deliver goods. What happened to mutually agreeing a date? And why do none of these morons seem to think that, in order to purchase furniture, you go to work to earn a wage? And a day's notice for delivery anyway?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

why didnt you look at the price before you bought them :?:
Have you ever looked at the plumbing section at B&Q? Nothing is ever in the right box, its like a feckin jumble sale. And why? Because of flippin DIYers who dont know what they are after, and their kids throwing stuff about! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i got ripped at plumbcentre once, :eek: did'nt i john remember at plumbcentre open it you own it NO they did not take 25% restocking fee,they just refused to take it back :confused: and i am stilling bitchin :LOL: :LOL:

Well I like your self, poshman simply have too much cash to notice!

Have you ever looked at the plumbing section at B&Q? Nothing is ever in the right box, its like a feckin jumble sale. And why? Because of flippin DIYers who dont know what they are after, and their kids throwing stuff about! :rolleyes:

Nice Steve !! dunno if you've noticed but B&Q is a "DIY shed", if you don't like it stay out of it ! And i take my kids with me because it's illegal to leave them on their own ! :mad:

Nice Steve !! dunno if you've noticed but B&Q is a "DIY shed", if you don't like it stay out of it ! And i take my kids with me because it's illegal to leave them on their own ! :mad:

Oi, leave him alone martian, after all, he's just a kid.

do your kids throw stuff about?

I hate DIY sheds too for a number of reasons, however today I hate furniture sheds even more especially DFS.

At 12:10 my mobile rang while I was at my desk (lucky as it would have been off if I'd been next to a plane) and some wench announces her name and that they've got my settees ready.

"Okay"I replied

"So, they'll be with you some time tomorrow then" (not "can we deliver them tomorrow?" or "when would be a good day to deliver them")

"That's no good, I'll be at work" I informed her

"OH! Erm, can no-one else come to the house and let them in" she enquired, obviously taken aback by the fact that I go to work during the day.

"No my family don't live locally and my neightbours go to work" - like I'd want someone else to see my nice new settees before me.

"We'll put them down for a Friday delivery then" she said, which as it happens, is OK, but they couldn't hold them over the weekend to deliver on Monday.

What is it with these companies that think they have the right to tell their customer when they will deliver goods. What happened to mutually agreeing a date? And why do none of these morons seem to think that, in order to purchase furniture, you go to work to earn a wage? And a day's notice for delivery anyway?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

No, what happens is what you let them get away with.

Ordered daughters corner unit,setee,in november to be dilivered early jan.
The house wasn't ready then

A month later, a phone call, your settee is ready
not yet please
2 weeks, same phone call
same answer

went on for nearly six month.

Iv'e said i bought that settee under condition that i have it stored and delivered under my conditions and it works

lippy lou lou .i did that once ,then when i came to get my suite, the company had gone bust, :eek: so watch what you do with your paid stuff and were you leave it :cry: :cry: it was at the wondeful world of :?: :?: u have been warned ;)

Sponsored Links
Back