Risco Lightsys 2 - parameters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all

I just upgraded from a CT600 to the Lightsys2 as I thought I wanted more smart control. Not sure if it was worth it ... but I guess only time will tell. The only thing the CT600 was missing the limit to the number of zones and armed feedback.

Anyway I now have the Lightsys2 installed now and I have a couple of queries as to the settings as it differs from my old setup:

Q1

In the CT600 when setting up partitions. You added the zones to the partitions and then were able to controls each zones type - i.e. entry/exit etc.

However on the Lightsys2 it seems to edit the zones individually and add them to the partitions? How do you therefore alter their type if you want them to perform differently for each partition?

Q2

Might be related to Q1. Again on the CT600 I had two different arming timers - when that waited 40 seconds and beeped, and another that waited only 5 seconds and was silent.

I see that the Lightsys2 seems to have this ability as you are able to set 2 different timers. But how do you assign them to a partition? OR one zone to act differently in different partitions?

And how do you get it to be silent in the countdown? And just beep when armed?

Q3

Has anyone created a silent alarm? I want to setup a daytime mode. So when a zone is triggered it does not sound the alarm, nor does it call the telephone number through the comms unit, but just sends a push notification to my phone.

Q4

Are there only 4 partitions available?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
First it might be more prudent to put down what you want to achieve.

The Lightsys, has partitions but the zone type will determine how it behaves full or part set.

how many different ways do you need a zone to behave?

I'll keep it simple so I can try and understand how to configure it.

What I want to achieve roughly is:

Partition 1 - Full set
Front door Zone 01 - exit / entry on timer 1

Partition 1 - Part set
Front door Zone 01 - exit / entry on timer 2

Partition 2 - full set
Front door Zone 01 - instant

Is there a way to configure this?

Also what does the Stay mode mean?

Thanks

hmm, Stay mode is part set when you are in the house.

I would have to double check on function partitions as I believe you can assign a zone to more than one partition but off the top of my head I don't recall clearly enough and there is an option that changes its behaviour, may get chance to check that tomorrow.

why you full arming and part arming with the door on entry exit?

Sponsored Links
On part set I actually want the front door on instant. But I also want it on the second countdown timer.

And I don’t see a type that allows this.

think we are at cross purposes.

so you want the front door on entry/exit and Instant in part set?

look at your zone types to get the best match. I will see what I can find out, just do the Agility mainly via Risco, normal the partitions relate to say house or garage.

When you say you want instant, do you mean instant set or instant alarm?

Instant alarm.

I guess what I am asking is in different setting instances can I change the zone type?

For my question 2 I found the answer. You can silence the timer when doing a part set and also change the entry timer.

The manual is very confusing though. Stuff is all over the place and you really have to read it many many times to really understand it and then just try it out on the system.

I am trying to see if I can get the keypad to give out a single beep when it sets.

Doesn’t seem possible though.

Are you also using the iRISCO app? Have you managed it to give you notifications on your phone when their is an alarm?

I see the notification of an alarm within the events in the app, but nothing pops up on the phone as a standard notification. I double checked to make sure my phone settings had allowed the app to send notifications. But still nothing.

You can change the function of a zone in full or part set, but not in different partitions.

The ZONE TYPE, has to be selected a + b where a represents one function and b represents another depending on if the system is full or part set.

As for notifications, have you set this up via the risoccloud interface?

Without adding your panel to my engineers portal and connecting and taking a look I am not sure I can advise where you have gone wrong, I have set up the cloud the cloud notifications on light sys systems before, but theres a few things that need to be used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back