Rising damp?

Sponsored Links
its under floorboards and moist and stale and has been since it was built . it will smell musty end of. any other opinion is ridiculous.

The "musty smell" is far from "normal" - it most certainly is not normal, & its foolish to say so especially in the above context. Is it your intention to give the OP further difficulties and expenses?
Do you consider the possibility of Dry Rot to be "perfectly normal"?
A musty smell is an immediate giveaway of damp difficulties to any experienced surveyor or Remedial worker.

Adding a superlative such as "perfectly" to "normal" doesn't reinforce your point.
You say things are "normal" but they "suffer" - sounds like a contradiction to me.
Do you consider suffering to be "perfectly normal"?
Another contradiction starts out as "perfectly normal" & ends up as a "problem".
bobasd ted456 is back with a vengeance. if you lived under floorboards in a humid environment for 100 years you’d me musty too bob ted tel vinn ree.

under floorboards in a humid environment for 100 years you’d me musty too

an unventilated void under floorboards is likely to be damp and musty

Which is why it needs to be thoroughly ventilated, to blow the damp out.

It's lack of ventilation that has allowed the damp, and perhaps rot, to flourish.

Damp is neither normal nor desirable.

Sponsored Links
under suspended floors is a damp environment no matter how well it’s ventilated.

No its not - thats a ludicrous statement. Complete rubbish to say such a thing - stop attempting to mislead OP's with your ignorant nonsense.

You will cause an accident or get someone to unnecessarily spend large amounts of money with your ignorant claims.
You have no idea of the consequencies that your ignorant bluffing can cause - OP's come on here to be helped with often urgent matters not to be misled by technical ignorance.

bobasd ted456 is back with a vengeance. if you lived under floorboards in a humid environment for 100 years you’d me musty too bob ted tel vinn ree.
Are you saying that bobasd, ted456, tel765, vinn and ree are all the same person ? :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back