Rising Main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im going to be making a new entrance area to the front of a bungalow in the next couple of weeks, currently this area is a kitchen and the rising main is in the place where the doorway is going to go,

Im currently deciding which is going to be the best way to tackle this im going to move the rising main to the the garage which I will be converting to the new kitchen.

The rising main is copper pipework, The best method i could think of was to dig down to the rising main out the front dig a trench to the garage and use a coupler off the existing copper to mdpe then to the garage.

any other suggestions appreciated

Sponsored Links
Needs to be 750 mm deep and protected from the frost which is on the way.

Not a good idea at this time of year for the stoptap to be in a freezing garage while your extension is being built.

Bear that in mind. :)

if I take the pipework under the foundations with a shovels width trench 750 deep will that be ok will it effect the foundations?

Sponsored Links
if I take the pipework under the foundations with a shovels width trench 750 deep will that be ok will it effect the foundations?

Won't do your house much good! :LOL:

Keep away from foundations and consult BCO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back