Risk assessment and method statements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am a contractor and have been asked for the above for flat roofing works on a refurbishment. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction i.e. templates for these documents or a site I can aquire them.
Thanking you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou
The first one is more what I am looking for, but not really for the execution of the felt roofing. Any more ideas greatly appreciated.

I am health and safety consultant so deal with these items frequently.
The method statement is exactly what it says.

You detail how you will do the job ie how many persons wearing what personal protection equipment , competent certified persons erecting whatever style of scaffolding etc.
Mention your equipment and materials to be used.
What steps are being taken to protect people under/next to the site

Of course the whole procedure should conform to safe practice, approved codes of practice etc and read in a systematic format.
The more detail the better as long as you abide by what you say when work commences as they can use it as a stick if not.

Good luck Pete

Sponsored Links
Thanks Pete, will compose risk assessmant and method statement for main contractor upon your advise

We get loads of these, and some of the contractors go to great lengths to provide us with a multi page document full of well presented information - non of which is specific or relevent to the job they will actually be doing, but rather it is all generic. Others give us a one pager which is much more useful.

Many see this as just another paper document to be made up, and not as something designed to increase safe working.

It always raises a smile when one reads a method statement and one just knowas that there is no way that particular contractor will be working as stated in the method statement

There is no one format, but the important thing is for the acurate detailing of what is to be done, or the risks involved etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back